For me, having the right gear to workout in is essential. Over the last couple of years, I've realized I prefer different gear for different workouts.
Like when I'm at Bar Method, I like to keep it high and tight.
When I'm at SoulCycle, I need room to move and breathe.
At Barry's Bootcamp, I want some compression but also a whole lot of breathing room for all of the floor work.
On the run I want something that will move with me, and not ride up.
Yoga? Just give me something I can move in. Or savasana in. It (yoga) rarely happens so when it does I want to be prepared.
So welcome to a new series of Refuels - Wardrobe, Kitchen, Shoes, Workout Schedule, the works.
You don't even have to tell me, I'm like so organized this week I know.
First up - tanks my workouts cannot live without.
- lululemon athletica What the Sport Singlet - I love this tank for SoulCycle or Barry's Bootcamp, or for a run. It's loose, it's long(er) than your average hits-at-the-hip length and it's thin and breathable.
- Nike Elastika Tank - Comes in a ton of colors and patterns, and has a thin, t-back strap in the back to show off your scrappiest sports bra. Great for bootcamps, HIIT, spinning, running, the works.
- Athleta Chi Tank - like a little black dress, everyone needs that simple racerback tank. The Chi comes in a variety of fabric (obsessing over this mesh one lately), colors and patterns. Great for any activity and even to layer underneath a sweater or wrap on your way to run errands, brunch or work. Want something a bit more fitted and technical for on the run? This Fastest Track Tank will do it. Bonus: Athleta has GREAT sales.
- lululemon athletica Run Swiftly Racerback - this tank features body mapping (less material for your sweatiest areas) and silverescent anti-stink technology (silver is naturally anti-microbial so you won't get stinky after a sweaty workout). It's thin, in-between a loose and tight fit, and great for a really sweaty workout, or just to wear to yoga. Bonus: a lot of the seasonal colors get marked down OFTEN.
- Gap Fit Breathe Tie Back Tank - I'm obsessed with taking a looser tank and tying it into a knot in the middle of my lower back for spin classes or a bootcamp/HIIT/etc workout (anything where you aren't laying on your back). Gap figured this out and decided to just cut out the middle man and design a shirt MEANT to be tied. And still show a bit of those back muscles we're all working so hard on. Tie it, or wear it long and loose. Bonus- under $30!
- lululemon athletica Power-Y Tank - the tank that you probably already own or know someone who does. It's the quintessential yoga tank top - it's fitted, tight, won't fly over your heard in downward dog, and has a built-in bra. I own more colors and patterns than I care to admit.
- Lucy Fitness Fix Tank - It's fitted, flattering and has a hidden pocket for a key or a credit card (for um, post-run coffee or post-class smoothies.) This is in my regular rotation. Great for yoga/pilates/barre classes as well as higher impact/intensity.
What'd I miss? Tell me your favorites!