And just like that it's Friday again.
I started my morning with a Barry's Bootcamp class and immediately grabbed the largest coffee Peets would make me and came home to inhale breakfast. (Which, if you're wondering was oats that I prepped last night in an almost empty (technically it was a "kind of empty") Peanut Butter jar.
Quick and Dirty Overnight Oats
1/2c Quick Cooking Oats
1c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1T chia seeds
"Kind of empty" PB Jar (Or just a bowl/jar)
Shook it all up, let it sit over night then added a sliced banana and some cacao nibs and (more) cinnamon.
Hit. The. Spot.
It's been about ~3 weeks of Barry's 3-4x a week and I'm already seeing such a huge difference in my fitness levels. Also my soreness levels. Which makes next week both terrifying and exciting.
Missed any posts this week? Good news, there was only one. But it was a doozy.
Starts next week - you in?
This weekend we've got some good stuff on the calendar - sleeping in, eating, relaxing, wine, and a concert. Just the way I like it. Also it's supposed to be all kinds of rainy all weekend/week. Perfect relaxing weather.
With that, let's just into this week's Friday Faves!
- Reebok launched the coolest physical ad campaign for the ZPump 2.0 running shoe in Stockholm this week. I don't wear Reebok and I would if that machine told me I was fast enough to. Check out the actual shoes here. They're legit.
- You knew it was coming - a high protein beer. Barbell Brew packs 21+g of protein at 92 calories. Thanks, but pour me a glass of wine any day of the week.
- The best alternative pastas that are also gluten-free. We made a bolognese from grass-fed beef, fresh tomato sauce and Banza pasta tonight and it was INSANELY good. Restaurateur Joe Bastianich (of Babbo, Del Posto, and Eataly) is an investor. HUGE.
- Seriously, sign me up for the iPhone 7 of the future. Please.
- Those little Silica Gel Packs can SAVE YOUR PHONE FROM WATER DAMAGE. Also they can defog your car windows. Which is always quite the issue for me. (Seriously come on defroster.)
- AllBirds out of New Zealand just launched a new shoe - the wool runner. It's lightweight and flexible, features odor-minimizing and moisture-wicking properties and can be machine washed. Also they're gorgeous. I just ordered a pair.
- Leo finally won his Oscar. Finally. And nailed his acceptance speech.
- I'm not at all into the curated boxes you can subscribe to each month. But this Adidas Avenue A one? May make me change my tune. The items in each box are curated by fitness gurus and you get a package of three to five curated items which could include footwear, apparel and accessory items—delivered to your door four times a year, for $150 a box. (Considering that a pair of Adidas shoes alone typically runs more than $100, it’s a serious steal.)
- Breaking my skinny jeans habit. Ugh. Same same. Girlfriend jeans FTW. (These being my favorite.)
- Did you know Ellie Goulding is one of my Top 5 Favorite Humans on the planet? (The others being Jennifer Garner, Kate Middleton, Emily Blunt, Kevin Hart and Taylor Swift in no particular order.) Ellie KILLS IT in the gym. And life. Check out her latest ab move.
- Literally have no idea what Rihanna is saying in "Work" aside from "work"? Yeah same. We aren't alone.
- FWIW I feel like the Olsen twins made the correct choice not joining "Fuller House". It's so bad it's.... I can't stop watching it because I'm so intrigued. Le sigh.
- I think the lesson we can all learn from this is : MIND YO BUSINESS. Do you. Stop worrying about other people. Big up Carrie Underwood. I don't particularly like you, but I like this.
All I got - go forth and conquer that weekend.