So how did the first week of 2016 go?
Get sweaty? Thus far this week I've hit Barry's Bootcamp, SoulCycle and Bar Method - an outdoor run would be ideal (big 1/2 marathon plans this year) but with El Nino pounding us with rain all week long, I'm not sure it's going to happen. I remain hopeful. If not for anything else but to wear my new running beanie.
Anyway, it's that time again. Friday Faves. Week 1 of 2016. Get ready for like 52 more of these (leap year, remember?)
My plans this weekend? A whole lot of nothing. Sleeping, relaxing, some sweat, delicious food, and watching movies. All the makings of a lazy, winter weekend. End goal would be to kick this cold I'm battling. I'm nothing if not goal-oriented.
So let's do this.
First - my two favorite videos from this week:
The Nice: Taylor Swift killing it as usual and performing an acoustic version of Blank Space . "In the last couple of years the media has had a really wonderful fixation on kind of painting me as this psycho serial dater girl. It's been awesome. I loved it. It was really fun for me."
The Hilarious: Tatum take-over on Lip Sync Battle. THIS IS EVERYTHING. Jenna dances to Pony and Channing... nails it as Beyonce. Please watch. And cry laughing. I've watched it like 11 times already.
- What 9 Health Editors Actually Eat. Am I the only one endlessly fascinated with the health + wellness habits of industry pros? No? I didn't think so.
- This Evolution of Fashion is legit. Spoiler: I wear the 2015 outfit about daily.
- Have you binge-watched Netflix's Making A Murderer yet? It's INSANE. Here's 5 Things You Should Know.
- You guys. The Powerball Jackpot is at $800M. We have a 1 in 292,201,338 chance of winning it. I'll take those odds.
- Trader Joe's Ex-Pres launches grocery store that competes with fast food prices. And reduces the amount of food waste. “We’ll be doing all of this by recovering food from supermarkets, growers and food distributors that would otherwise have been wasted. Hunger & wasted food are two problems that can have one solution.”
- I wear spandex/sweatpants/joggers about every day of my life. At least they're chic? (Or at the very least, trendy?)
- A Visual Reveal of the Ingredients of 25 Popular Snack Foods. It's not pretty. You've been warned.
- I have nothing against the oven, but these Healthy No-Bake Coconut Cookies? Well, they'll win out over a baked-version any day of the week.
- I love a good one-pot meal and I love it when it goes into the slow-cooker and I don't have to think about it for 7 hours. 3-One Pot, Slow Cooker Meals you need to make. That Coconut Curry? Happening. ASAP.
- I take back everything I said about cleanses. VEGAN TACO CLEANSE FRIENDS. I'm so on board.
- Rachel is the breakfast MASTER. I can't wait to make this gorgeous smoothie bowl (and the countless others on her page!)
- Adele's gym photo is exactly how I look while in the gym. And how I would look if I had someone taking photographs of me in the gym.
- I love Cait's blog, and I love this post about her plans for 2016. Something we could all weave into our year.
- I've been lucky enough to get to know Hallie in-person, take her SoulCycle class (Chicago, she's killing it - sign up ASAP), and keep in touch via social media. Her blog is a WEALTH of information, knowledge, entertainment, and just honest and genuine content. If this isn't a regular read for you, please make it one. ASAP.
With that - have a wonderful weekend!